Handicrafters Cotton Summer Hat



Sizes 0-3 month - Small Adult

Women's sizes ONLY


Haven't made yourself a fresh hat this summer? It's not too late! 

This is an easy basic summer hat. Great for a beginner, skilled crocheter maybe looking for some fun, or perhaps someone with some Bernat Cotton to use up.  Tested numerous times and sized with the help of my 5 children! I have learned much about head sizes from them.

I decided to split the sizes so if you were only interested in adult sizes you could download the PDF for less! 

The first pattern option includes sizes for 0-3months all the way up to a small adult.

Only interested in women's sizes? I've provided women's small, medium, and large in another PDF. Both are linked above.  
 
Bernat Handicrafters Cotton is the yarn of choice for this pattern. I wanted a cotton for it's well known breathing qualities, and I chose Handicrafters because it is thicker and works up nice and fast. You can have a new hat done in a couple hours. Woohoo!
  
I found tulle made a beautiful addition to a child's hat. And I used some burlap ribbon on mine which everyone loved. I think maybe some poka dot ribbon should be on order as well. 
  


Materials you would need for this project:
-Bernat Handicrafters Cotton in colour of choice (see sizes below for yardage)
-4mm crochet hook
-Crazy glue
-Darning needle
-1/2" plastic boning cut in half length wise for the brim  
-Burlap ribbon or ribbon in colour of choice




Happy Crocheting!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polar Bear Hooded Blanket

Promises Rainbow Baby Sleep Sack

Easter Bunny Nesting Dolls