Plaid Stitch Pocket Style Baby Bib

Plaid Stitch Pocket Style Baby Bib




 
 THIS BIB! 

This is my favourite bib of all time. They wash well, look great, and are practical. A wood toggle makes a very handsome addition to the collar. 

This is a written pattern, as are all of my patterns. It includes some helpful tips and pictures on working the plaid stitch to help guide you through the process. It is not difficult by any means, and is really more of a pattern than a stitch. You simply alternate between colours and rows. 

The result is clearly lovely.   




Of course, I jumped on the plaid train last year when I saw all those cool plaid hats topped with fur pom-poms. I made a Mommy and Me set for my sister and her little guy, which was very well received, and then moved onto some of my own projects. 

This bib uses Bernat Yarnspirations in red and black and Bernat Cozystyle in burgundy. I love Bernat yarns. They are affordable and good quality. Other yarns, of course, could be substituted, but be sure to check your gauge if using a different yarn. For some projects it really doesn't matter, but to ensure the collar is large enough, I suggest checking your gauge if you choose to use a different yarn for this pattern. 

This project would make the perfect addition to a gift set. Perhaps paired with a blanket, hat, booties, or my Plaid Stitch Baby Sleep Sack

A lady purchased this set that I made and had many kind words for me about it.  



  
 But back to THE BIB. You WILL love it, love using it, and showing it off. 😄 






Materials you will need for this project:

  • Bernat Yarnspirations in Black approx. 30-40 yards
  • Bernat Yarnspirations in Red approx. 30-40 yards
  • Bernat Cozystyle in Burgundy approx. 30-40 yards
  • 1 toggle button
  • Darning needle
  • 5mm Crochet hook
  • Thread in appropriate colour 

   Happy Crocheting! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polar Bear Hooded Blanket

Promises Rainbow Baby Sleep Sack

Easter Bunny Nesting Dolls